Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dual-head kubuntu alt-tab only shows windows on the active screen

I've been plagued by this problem since I installed and configured my Kubuntu 7.04 and I just happened upon the solution by entering the just-right search terms. When I alt-tab to find a window, the list of windows are only the windows on the active screen. Meaning that I get a different list when my mouse pointer is in the left screen and the right screen. I'm used to just seeing all the windows across screens regardless of which screen my mouse pointer is in.

Solution found on ubuntuforums.org (http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-284693.html)

Run: "kcmshell kwinfocus", in the resulting dialog, check "Separate Screen Focus". Save changes and press alt-tab. You should see all windows.

No comments: