Monday, October 15, 2007

Correcting time problems in Kubuntu

After a serious misstep during a Grub correction, I installed a base install over my existing install. This resulted in network configuration going away and timezone problems. I fixed the network configuration easily enough, but the timezone stuff drove me crazy.

I finally found a post referencing the command tzconfig, which resolved my problems. Run it as follows:

$ sudo tzconfig

It will ask about your timezone and magically correct problems. My problems were with the desktop clock, the timestamp on Pidgin messages and the creation times of files created with Eclipse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post is kind of old but it did help me solve my issue with the clock. Command tzconfig is deprecated, use: sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata instead.