Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"no resources found, item cannot be added"

I kept getting this message from kmail or kpim or kontact or whatever you want to call it when I tried to create a calendar entry or to-do item. I thought it had to do with creating a new identity which I had done earlier.

Found out it was caused because my "Default Calendar" in my calendar list was unchecked. Once I checked the "Default Calendar" entry, all the errors stopped.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I'm a big proponent of actionable dialog messages. By itself, this message means nothing to an average user. Add to it "ensure that your local calendar is active" and it would have taken me like 2 seconds to fix it and I wouldn't have had to post a blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much - I had this same problem which was alleviated by your recommendation.
I agree that a more sensible dialogue would have been of much more use.