Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Basement has turned a corner

After a little over a two weeks of putzing with around by patching problem area in the floor, moving electrical boxes and correcting some ugly wiring we finally pulled the trigger on the next phase of the basement remodel; reconstruction.

I decided to take the day off since I think I needed to be involved with a lot of decisions for this special day.

The first step was to have Mike the plumber come and correct some problems in the old laundry room. He had a bunch of low hanging water lines, and the bachelor Rick allowed prior plumbers to run supplies to the kitchen right in front of the window. See we went from this to that.




Additionally, I asked Steve the carpenter to come over and start insulating and framing the exterior walls. Lowes had delivered all the insulation, lumber and drywall the prior day.

We picked the west-facing wall, in honor of my Buffalo heritage and went from this to that:




Next steps are to continue insulating and framing the exterior walls, then work on the interior walls.

Things I'm thinking about

1. Where will the telephone/cable/internet center be?
2. How will I frame the walls in the laundry room, given the electric panel and plumbing?
3. When should I call the ceiling guy to come over?

No comments: