Saturday, October 15, 2011

Homemade Tomatillo Salsa

I visited a farm market stand last weekend and behold, a basket of tomatillos! After sampling the tomatillo salsa at Salinas, and making pints and pints of my own regular tomato salsa, I've been dying to try my hand at this alternative.

So I found a recipe that looked reasonable at http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tomatillo_salsa_verde/ and got to work



Tomatillos, in case you're not familiar with them. They have a husk and the skin is a little sticky under the husk requiring washing them in warm water.




All ready to go into the broiler to blacken the skin.



Mary Grace at the helm of the food processor, combining the onion, jalapenos, cilantro and tomatillos



The first batch, looking good



Awwwwwwww, yeahhhhhhhhh! Outstandingly delicious. It'll be my new best friend during the Bills game tomorrow.

I made each of the kids bite into a chip with a little salsa on it with the offer that they could spit it out if they didn't like it. They both spit it out. :(

No comments: